…let me just say, I LOVE easy peasy recipes. There’s nothing better than a recipe with a handful of ingredients and even fewer steps. Especially during the holidays when this crazy thing called life can be at its most hectic. Am I right?
So, if you’re looking for some easy, yet delicious holiday treat recipes to bring to your next holiday party, or to gift someone…or to just indulge in yourself – look no further!
Melted Snowmen Oreo Truffle Balls
Not only are these ridiculously easy (like, seriously easy) – they’re hella cute…and delicious!
• 1 pkg. brick cream cheese, softened
• 36 Oreo Cookies (regular size), finely crushed
• 16 oz . white chocolate, melted (I used Merkens white chocolate wafers)
• 48 Mini Oreo Bite Size Cookies
• icing or sprinkles to decorate
1. Crush the Oreo cookies using a food processor, or just putt them in Ziploc baggies and roll it out with a rolling pin. The latter is a great arm workout, just saying.
2. Mix the softened cream cheese and Oreo cookie crumbs until well blended. I love my Hamilton Beach 7 Speed Orbital Stand Mixer.
3. Shape into approximately 48 (1-inch) balls and then place in single layer in shallow pan.
4. Freeze these bad boys for AT LEAST 20 minutes, if not longer. I placed toothpicks in the top before sticking these balls in the freezer. I did this for easy dipping/coating of the melted chocolate (next step), but you don’t have to. You can use a fork and just kinda swish it around in the melted chocolate.
5. I melted the chocolate wafers in the microwave. I placed them in a microwave-safe dish (obvs) and put them in for 20-second intervals. After each 20-second interval, take the chocolate out and mix it up. This is crucial because you don’t want any hot spots or burned chocolate! If, as you’re going through the coating step the chocolate starts to harden, don’t fret – you can just pop it back in the microwave for a couple of seconds.
6. After the balls have been in the freezer long enough, and your chocolate has melted – coat the balls in the melted chocolate. Dip balls in melted coating, then place in shallow waxed paper-lined pan, allowing excess coating to pool at bottom of each ball. Make sure you line the pan with wax paper because this is how the chocolate will pool at the bottom and help make your snowmen look like they’re melting!
7. Chill the balls in the fridge until the coating is set.
8. Paint some cute faces on with icing and/or sprinkles and use some of the leftover melted chocolate to adhere the hat (mini Oreo) to the head.
9. Refrigerate for another hour, or until firm. Keep refrigerated otherwise the chocolate will start to melt and the balls will softened.
10. That’s it! Enjoy your almost too cute to eat Melted Snowmen Oreo Truffle Balls!
Reindeer Poop Cookies
These delicious cookies are not just for this holidays – they’re a year-round staple in our house!
• 3 cups of quick oats
• 1 cup of flaked sweetened coconut
• 2 cups of sugar
• 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
• ½ cup of butter
• ½ cup of milk
• 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Line a couple baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix the oats and coconut in a large bowl and set aside with the baking sheets.
- While whisking frequently, bring to a boil over medium heat the butter, sugar, cocoa powder, and milk.
- Remove from the heat and add in the vanilla. Now, here’s where it can get a little tricky and you’ll have to work quickly!
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto the lined baking sheets.
- Let them cool and then refrigerate in airtight containers.
That’s it! You’ve got some easy peasy, no-bake delicious reindeer poop cookies!
Download this fun gift tag if you’re going to gift these delish cookies this holiday season!